Step 1: Let’s have a chat.
- 45-minute Discovery Call. I’ll ask you a bunch of questions about your business, the product, the market you want to serve, and your goals. I’ll also answer any other burning questions you might have about the process of working together.
PRO TIP: Want to skip the Discovery Call, save a lot of time, get some value, and see what it’s like to work with me? Book a Growth Roadmapping Session instead.
What you get: Clarity about the process, and a few recommendations on what you could be doing right now.
Step 2: Planning
After the Discovery Call (or Growth Roadmapping Session), I’ll start planning out what an engagement could look like and the plan for the project.
My engagements are 3 months long to start and do require a 30% deposit of the first month to begin. After the initial engagement, we can roll into a regular retainer or I can even help you hire my replacement. 😉
- Agreement and project plan. I’ll scope out an agreement according to the Discovery Call (or Growth Roadmapping Session) and any other details I’ll need before sending it over. We’ll agree on a project start date, schedule our first onboarding call, and get rolling!
What you get: A project start date and an estimate based on your exact needs.
Step 3: Customer Interviews and Research
Okay awesome. If you’re here, that means you’ve signed the contract, paid the deposit, and are ready to begin!
We always start with customer research and interviews. It’s non-negotiable. These aren’t your average “Do you think this would be valuable?” product interviews. Those kinds of interviews are weaksauce (and terrible for making marketing decisions).
I’m talking about the powerhouse interviews that get to the knitty-gritty of exactly how your customer views your product, what they get out of it, and what they’re going to need to stay.
- Interviews and Research. We’ll focus on one specific audience — typically the best-fit, best-paying customers (or the ones you need help attracting more of). We’ll work together to secure interviews and launch these surveys, but I promise you — it’s a step you’ll never skip ever again after doing it with me.
- Customer Journey Mapping. All of these insights funnel into a customer journey map — a key deliverable we’re going to need to make the best possible decisions about how to acquire more of these best-fit customers, the psychological and physical journey it took them to find your product, and the funnel we’re going to need to implement.
What you get: That “oh sh*t” feeling, and an insanely detailed overview of how your customers find you, engage with your product, and the high-value in-app behaviors they take.
If it isn’t obvious, this step is crucial.
Step 4: Marketing & Growth Strategy
You’ll need a data-driven approach to your marketing strategy, and you’ll need to know what you can implement today and what you need to be building towards for tomorrow.
As we progress through the interviews, research, and journey-mapping exercises, the real magic begins.
- Your Marketing Strategy™️ for the Year. From the interviews and original analysis, we’ll be able to craft a rock-solid, data-driven marketing strategy and a concrete plan for execution against that strategy. It’s usually about 30-pages long and explains in explicit detail the core strategic pillars you’ll need to implement.
- Your Marketing Plan™️ for Your Team. This strategy would be remiss without the exact execution elements you’re going to need to succeed and when to implement those key strategic pillars. I’ll map out your quick-wins and your long-term wins along the next few quarters.
What you get: The most clear, in-depth marketing plan you’ve ever seen that virtually anyone could execute. Plus, it’s driven by actual data — not hunches.
(I’m just kidding — this isn’t actually trademarked.)
Step 5: Implementation
This is the step where every founder always gets really excited. The horizon becomes clear, and they can see where they need to point the ship.
- Execution on the Plan™️. Yes, my friend, we’ll start executing on the plan. It completely depends on what the research reveals, but typically this involves:
- Website strategy and landing pages
- Demand generation programs — the absolute must-have campaigns to drive results
- Content marketing — articles, webinars, videos, etc.
- Sales enablement (for those with a sales team)
- Exploration of other forms of marketing like partnerships, business development, community, and more.
- Implement Marketing Infrastructure. This is all of the operations and data integration needs that your marketing function is going to need to be successful. We’ll work together on a plan for getting this setup, then actually do it.
- Ongoing Optimization and Exploration. Marketing doesn’t sit still. It’s constantly enterprising.
What you get: A massive sigh of relief that someone is taking this off your shoulders, and the beginnings of a strong asf marketing engine that brings results.
By the time we get here, there’s really no limit to what we’ll be able to accomplish. ✨